Technology-based competitive employment
As a registered apprenticeship program recognized by the U.S. Department of Labor, this particular training program of ours is truly unique. Working in partnership with CompTIA, we provide training and related certifications that serve as industry-recognized standards for IT professionals.
Our students will be trained specifically for Tech Support Specialist job roles including Help/Service Desk Specialist, Desktop Support Administrator, and Customer Support Specialist.
The apprenticeship will consist of:
- Approximately 19 weeks of classroom training at the Skills Center
- A job as a Tech Support Apprentice that pays a competitive wage
- 2,000 hours of on-the-job training led by a mentor or team of mentors (1-2 years)
We are seeking local businesses as employment partners for our apprentices and program graduates. Benefits would include:
- Access to a reliable and cost-effective solution to address IT talent shortage
- Access to an apprenticeship program that is a proven career pathway model
- Developing a high-skilled tech workforce
- Increasing diversity, inclusion, job retention, and productivity